Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details