Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley
- AAP leaders defend Bhagwant Mann, say similar videos available on Lok Sabha website