Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand