Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP