Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk