Pulwama encounter: Injured army jawan dies in hospital
Srinagar: An Army jawan, injured in a
gunfight with militants, on Friday succumbed to injuries here,
official sources said.
Sepoy Shayam Singh was one of the two army personnel
injured in an encounter with militants at Indergam village, 40
kms from here, in Pulwama district on April 30, they said.
They said Singh, who was undergoing treatment at 92
base hospital at Badamibagh headquarters here, breathed his
last this morning.
Troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles had launched a cordon-
cum-search operation at around 4.00 am when they were fired
upon by the militants.
The militants, involved in the gunfight, had managed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Referendums that shaped the world as we know it...
- Our entire defence mechanism is India-specific, says top Pakistani military official
- Honda BR-V crosses 10,000 booking mark
- Magnificent teaser trailer of Harshvardhan Kapoor-Saiyami Kher's 'Mirzya' crosses 2 million views!
- What happens after the Brexit vote – the steps ahead!