Quake-hit belt in J&K to get package on Leh pattern: Omar
Jammu: Relief and rehabilitation package for the quake-hit people will be on the pattern of cloudburst-hit Leh said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday and directed three Ministers to remain put in districts to oversee relief work.
"Initial relief under Calamity Relief Fund is always less, but the package, which the state government is forwarding to the Centre, will be on the patterns of Leh," Omar said while overseeing relief and rehabilitation measures in the earthquake hit Doda, Badharwah and Kishtwar districts.
Minister for Planning and Development, Ajay Sadhotra will stay at Badharwah, Minister for Roads and Buildings, Abdul Majid Wani at Doda and Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo at Kishtwar, Omar said.
Lauding the role of public representatives, the Chief Minister asked them to provide necessary feedback to the government along with suggestions for carrying forward the rehabilitation programme.
District administration has furnished requirement for 2,400 tents, of which 1,000 tents have already been dispatched by the Red Cross Society, he said.
"Soon after the incident, directions were issued for preparation of preliminary assessment report of the damage," Omar added.
Commenting on the extent of damage to government buildings he said, "We have to ascertain why this has happened and what the cause was for it?" and directed the Planning Minister to engage an independent third party enquiry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged