Quake rocks Kishtwar, no damage reported
Jammu: A moderate intensity earthquake on Monday rocked Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar district and its adjoining areas but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
The quake, the third to hit the Kishtwar district in the past five days, measured 4.4 on the Richter scale.
Frightened residents rushed out of their homes as the quake struck the region at around 7.27 pm but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage, officials said.
This is third quake to jolt Kishtwar in the past five days.
On August 3, a quake, measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale, jolted Kishtwar and Doda areas. It was followed by two aftershocks.
A day before, a 5.4 intensity quake struck Kishtwar and Doda districts besides parts of Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society