Rahul Gandhi declines to comment on JK govt`s AFSPA revocation demand
Budgam (Jammu and Kashmir): Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday declined to comment on Jammu and Kashmir government`s demand for revocation of AFSPA from the state, saying the matter was being discussed between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the state Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"It is a discussion between the Chief Minister and the Prime Minister. It is not appropriate for me to make a statement," Gandhi told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Budgam, 15 km from Srinagar.
Omar has been pitching for revoking the controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act from certain areas of the state where Army does not operate. However, his efforts have so far met stiff resistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan