`Rahul Gandhi not competing with Omar Abdullah`
New Delhi: The Congress Party has rubbished reports of there being competition between its general secretary Rahul Gandhi and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to gain popularity.
Reacting to such rumours in wake of Gandhi meeting a delegation of village headmen from Kashmir, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said: "Not at all. I don’t agree with you that this is something to do with Omar versus Rahulji. We want that the Government of Kashmir should provide adequate security to Panch and Sarpanch (village heads)."
It was earlier suggested that Rahul Gandhi was trying to gain public support through his meeting with the village representatives, and take away some of the clout currently enjoyed by Omar Abdullah at that level.
Earlier on April 16, militants had pasted posters asking elected village council members to relinquish their posts within a week or face fatal consequences.
In response to poser pertaining to national politics, Alvi remained evasive on whether a major reshuffle of the cabinet is in the offing.
"Only the Prime Minister has the powers to decide on cabinet reshuffling. I am not competent enough to answer such questions. It is only the prerogative of the Prime Minister to answer these questions," added Alvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in