Rahul Gandhi visits cloudburst affected areas
Leh: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday visited the cloudburst and flash flood affected areas in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rahul went to the Choglamsar and Shyong villages which
were among the worst affected in the cloudburst and resultant
flash floods on August 6.
He was briefed by the officials of the state government
about the rehabilitation work carried out so far.
Rahul stressed on the need for expediting the remaining
work to ensure that the victims do not face hardships during
Over 145 people were killed and a few hundred more were
feared washed away in the cloudburst followed by torrential
rains and flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!