Rahul Gandhi visits cloudburst affected areas
Leh: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday visited the cloudburst and flash flood affected areas in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rahul went to the Choglamsar and Shyong villages which
were among the worst affected in the cloudburst and resultant
flash floods on August 6.
He was briefed by the officials of the state government
about the rehabilitation work carried out so far.
Rahul stressed on the need for expediting the remaining
work to ensure that the victims do not face hardships during
Over 145 people were killed and a few hundred more were
feared washed away in the cloudburst followed by torrential
rains and flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical