Rahul Gandhi visits cloudburst affected areas
Leh: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday visited the cloudburst and flash flood affected areas in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rahul went to the Choglamsar and Shyong villages which
were among the worst affected in the cloudburst and resultant
flash floods on August 6.
He was briefed by the officials of the state government
about the rehabilitation work carried out so far.
Rahul stressed on the need for expediting the remaining
work to ensure that the victims do not face hardships during
Over 145 people were killed and a few hundred more were
feared washed away in the cloudburst followed by torrential
rains and flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'