Rahul Gandhi visits cloudburst affected areas
Leh: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday visited the cloudburst and flash flood affected areas in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rahul went to the Choglamsar and Shyong villages which
were among the worst affected in the cloudburst and resultant
flash floods on August 6.
He was briefed by the officials of the state government
about the rehabilitation work carried out so far.
Rahul stressed on the need for expediting the remaining
work to ensure that the victims do not face hardships during
Over 145 people were killed and a few hundred more were
feared washed away in the cloudburst followed by torrential
rains and flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS