Rahul Gandhi visits cloudburst affected areas
Leh: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday visited the cloudburst and flash flood affected areas in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rahul went to the Choglamsar and Shyong villages which
were among the worst affected in the cloudburst and resultant
flash floods on August 6.
He was briefed by the officials of the state government
about the rehabilitation work carried out so far.
Rahul stressed on the need for expediting the remaining
work to ensure that the victims do not face hardships during
Over 145 people were killed and a few hundred more were
feared washed away in the cloudburst followed by torrential
rains and flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh