Rahul Gandhi’s much-hyped visit to J&K a futile exercise: BJP
Jammu: Terming the visit of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir as a "futile exercise", BJP on Saturday alleged that the party leadership take one stand at New Delhi and take u-turn while in Valley.
"The much hyped and just concluded visit of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to the state is another futile exercise. It has once again proved that the Congress leadership, like their coalition partners of National Conference, take one stand at New Delhi and take u-turn while in Valley," BJP state president Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here.
Manhas said that before the visit to the state, the Congress leader assured safety of lives of the sarpanches and panches, who came to meet him in New Delhi.
"But unfortunately, same Rahul Gandhi did not have any mention or concern while he was in Kashmir about the survival of the Sarpanches and Panches, who are resigning to escape the attack on their lives," he said.
"Not only this, silence on part of Rahul Gandhi on the issue of implementation of 73rd and 74th amendments in the state too has made it clear that both NC and Congress were never serious towards genuine empowerment of panchayats," Manhas said.
The Congress has been trying to mislead the people by organising protests against its own coalition government, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites