Rahul Gandhi’s much-hyped visit to J&K a futile exercise: BJP
Jammu: Terming the visit of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir as a "futile exercise", BJP on Saturday alleged that the party leadership take one stand at New Delhi and take u-turn while in Valley.
"The much hyped and just concluded visit of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to the state is another futile exercise. It has once again proved that the Congress leadership, like their coalition partners of National Conference, take one stand at New Delhi and take u-turn while in Valley," BJP state president Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here.
Manhas said that before the visit to the state, the Congress leader assured safety of lives of the sarpanches and panches, who came to meet him in New Delhi.
"But unfortunately, same Rahul Gandhi did not have any mention or concern while he was in Kashmir about the survival of the Sarpanches and Panches, who are resigning to escape the attack on their lives," he said.
"Not only this, silence on part of Rahul Gandhi on the issue of implementation of 73rd and 74th amendments in the state too has made it clear that both NC and Congress were never serious towards genuine empowerment of panchayats," Manhas said.
The Congress has been trying to mislead the people by organising protests against its own coalition government, he added.
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today