Rahul`s visit to Doda-Kishtwar cancelled
Jammu: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar areas has been cancelled following inclement weather conditions in the belt.
"Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar has been cancelled following incessant rains in the area," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Doda, Arif Reshu, said.
"It has been raining hard in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas since last night," Reshu added. Rahul along with Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad was scheduled to visit the Bhaderwah and Kishtwar today to take stock of the situation in the area, that had been hit by minor tremors since May 1.
Rahul, who landed at Udahampur airfield earlier this morning, was supposed to fly to twin districts of Doda and Kishtwar before heading to Budgam in Kashmir to announce a package under Centre sponsored Udaan scheme.
However, he was forced to directly head for Srinagar from Udhampur due to bad weather. "He landed at Udhampur and from there he has flown to the Valley," IG Jammu, Rajesh Kumar, had said earlier this morning.
IG had, however, refused to comment on whether Rahul`s visit to the area was rescheduled or cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi