Rahul`s visit to Doda-Kishtwar cancelled
Jammu: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar areas has been cancelled following inclement weather conditions in the belt.
"Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar has been cancelled following incessant rains in the area," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Doda, Arif Reshu, said.
"It has been raining hard in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas since last night," Reshu added. Rahul along with Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad was scheduled to visit the Bhaderwah and Kishtwar today to take stock of the situation in the area, that had been hit by minor tremors since May 1.
Rahul, who landed at Udahampur airfield earlier this morning, was supposed to fly to twin districts of Doda and Kishtwar before heading to Budgam in Kashmir to announce a package under Centre sponsored Udaan scheme.
However, he was forced to directly head for Srinagar from Udhampur due to bad weather. "He landed at Udhampur and from there he has flown to the Valley," IG Jammu, Rajesh Kumar, had said earlier this morning.
IG had, however, refused to comment on whether Rahul`s visit to the area was rescheduled or cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!