Rahul`s visit to Doda-Kishtwar cancelled
Jammu: AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar areas has been cancelled following inclement weather conditions in the belt.
"Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Doda and Kishtwar has been cancelled following incessant rains in the area," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Doda, Arif Reshu, said.
"It has been raining hard in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas since last night," Reshu added. Rahul along with Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad was scheduled to visit the Bhaderwah and Kishtwar today to take stock of the situation in the area, that had been hit by minor tremors since May 1.
Rahul, who landed at Udahampur airfield earlier this morning, was supposed to fly to twin districts of Doda and Kishtwar before heading to Budgam in Kashmir to announce a package under Centre sponsored Udaan scheme.
However, he was forced to directly head for Srinagar from Udhampur due to bad weather. "He landed at Udhampur and from there he has flown to the Valley," IG Jammu, Rajesh Kumar, had said earlier this morning.
IG had, however, refused to comment on whether Rahul`s visit to the area was rescheduled or cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement