Raids in Kishtwar; HC blast similar to Udhampur
Jammu/New Delhi: A massive search operation
was on in higher reaches of Kishtwar to search for Junaid
Akram Malik, wanted in the Delhi High court blast case, as
probe agency NIA has found similarities between the Delhi
attack and the explosion near Northern Army Headquarters at
Udhampur on May 2 this year.
Sources privy to the investigation said teams had fanned
out in Dachhan area in Kishtwar after some leads emerged about
the presence of Junaid in that area.
NIA has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for
information leading to the arrest of Junaid, whose age has
been stated by the probe agency as 19 while his parents claim
him to be only 16 years old.
Junaid`s brother Wasim Akram, a medical student studying
MBBS in a college at Bangladesh, was sent to Tihar jail today
after his custodial interrogation ended. He may also record
his confessional statement, like the other two accused who had
sent email to media houses after the blast at Delhi High Court
that left 15 people dead.
The name of Ghulam Sarwar, a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist,
has emerged as the main brain behind the September 7 blast
after NIA found similarities between the High Court blast as
well as May 2 blast near Northern Army Headquarters
located in Udhampur of Jammu region.
Plastic explosive and remote-controlled detonator used in
the Udhampur attack were similar to those fitted in the
suitcase bomb that had exploded outside the High Court.
Sarwar was named by police as the prime suspect in the
May two attempt to assassinate Major General D S Pathania,
commandant of the Northern Army Command`s base hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!