Raids in Kishtwar; HC blast similar to Udhampur
Jammu/New Delhi: A massive search operation
was on in higher reaches of Kishtwar to search for Junaid
Akram Malik, wanted in the Delhi High court blast case, as
probe agency NIA has found similarities between the Delhi
attack and the explosion near Northern Army Headquarters at
Udhampur on May 2 this year.
Sources privy to the investigation said teams had fanned
out in Dachhan area in Kishtwar after some leads emerged about
the presence of Junaid in that area.
NIA has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for
information leading to the arrest of Junaid, whose age has
been stated by the probe agency as 19 while his parents claim
him to be only 16 years old.
Junaid`s brother Wasim Akram, a medical student studying
MBBS in a college at Bangladesh, was sent to Tihar jail today
after his custodial interrogation ended. He may also record
his confessional statement, like the other two accused who had
sent email to media houses after the blast at Delhi High Court
that left 15 people dead.
The name of Ghulam Sarwar, a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist,
has emerged as the main brain behind the September 7 blast
after NIA found similarities between the High Court blast as
well as May 2 blast near Northern Army Headquarters
located in Udhampur of Jammu region.
Plastic explosive and remote-controlled detonator used in
the Udhampur attack were similar to those fitted in the
suitcase bomb that had exploded outside the High Court.
Sarwar was named by police as the prime suspect in the
May two attempt to assassinate Major General D S Pathania,
commandant of the Northern Army Command`s base hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today
- Shashank Manohar to step down as BCCI boss for ICC chairman's post?
- No breakthrough in talks with India: Pakistan's top official