Raids in Kishtwar; HC blast similar to Udhampur
Jammu/New Delhi: A massive search operation
was on in higher reaches of Kishtwar to search for Junaid
Akram Malik, wanted in the Delhi High court blast case, as
probe agency NIA has found similarities between the Delhi
attack and the explosion near Northern Army Headquarters at
Udhampur on May 2 this year.
Sources privy to the investigation said teams had fanned
out in Dachhan area in Kishtwar after some leads emerged about
the presence of Junaid in that area.
NIA has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for
information leading to the arrest of Junaid, whose age has
been stated by the probe agency as 19 while his parents claim
him to be only 16 years old.
Junaid`s brother Wasim Akram, a medical student studying
MBBS in a college at Bangladesh, was sent to Tihar jail today
after his custodial interrogation ended. He may also record
his confessional statement, like the other two accused who had
sent email to media houses after the blast at Delhi High Court
that left 15 people dead.
The name of Ghulam Sarwar, a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist,
has emerged as the main brain behind the September 7 blast
after NIA found similarities between the High Court blast as
well as May 2 blast near Northern Army Headquarters
located in Udhampur of Jammu region.
Plastic explosive and remote-controlled detonator used in
the Udhampur attack were similar to those fitted in the
suitcase bomb that had exploded outside the High Court.
Sarwar was named by police as the prime suspect in the
May two attempt to assassinate Major General D S Pathania,
commandant of the Northern Army Command`s base hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation