Railway recruitment exam in Urdu for benefit of J&K people
Anantnag: Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee today announced a slew of measures for the benefit of
people of Jammu and Kashmir, including conducting railways
recruitment exams in Urdu to help the local youth.
"The railway recruitment examinations will be
conducted in Urdu also. Till now it was conducted in English
and Hindi. I have also made Urdu compulsory along with other
regional languages," she said in while speaking at a function
to inaugurate the Anantnag-Qazigund rail link in Kashmir
The Union Minister said railway concessions for
schools and colleges would now be extended to higher madrasas
Banerjee also announced some benefits for minority
women and those belonging to the economically backward
"You will be happy to hear that we have removed
filling of Postal Orders along with railway recruitment forms
for the minority community women and economically backward
classes," she said.
The Railway recruitment examinations would now be held
on the same day throughout the country to benefit people from
The Minister said she would also look into the issue
of compensation for those whose land was acquired by Railways.
"I can assure you that we are taking all necessary
action (to deal with the issue of land losers). 375
applications have already been screened. The screening process
is on," Banerjee said.
Describing Jammu and Kashmir as the heart of India,
she said she would fulfil all promises made to the state
in her budget.
"There is a project to connect upto Jammu. There are
three other projects and surveys have been done. I will tell
you all later after consultations with the Prime Minister,"
She announced that Jammu Tavi station would be made
"multi-functional". A medical college with Public-Private
Partnership would come up in the city, she promised.
Several non-stop Duranto train services connecting
Jammu Tavi to Delhi, Varanasi and other cities would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!