Railway recruitment exam in Urdu for benefit of J&K people
Anantnag: Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee today announced a slew of measures for the benefit of
people of Jammu and Kashmir, including conducting railways
recruitment exams in Urdu to help the local youth.
"The railway recruitment examinations will be
conducted in Urdu also. Till now it was conducted in English
and Hindi. I have also made Urdu compulsory along with other
regional languages," she said in while speaking at a function
to inaugurate the Anantnag-Qazigund rail link in Kashmir
The Union Minister said railway concessions for
schools and colleges would now be extended to higher madrasas
Banerjee also announced some benefits for minority
women and those belonging to the economically backward
"You will be happy to hear that we have removed
filling of Postal Orders along with railway recruitment forms
for the minority community women and economically backward
classes," she said.
The Railway recruitment examinations would now be held
on the same day throughout the country to benefit people from
The Minister said she would also look into the issue
of compensation for those whose land was acquired by Railways.
"I can assure you that we are taking all necessary
action (to deal with the issue of land losers). 375
applications have already been screened. The screening process
is on," Banerjee said.
Describing Jammu and Kashmir as the heart of India,
she said she would fulfil all promises made to the state
in her budget.
"There is a project to connect upto Jammu. There are
three other projects and surveys have been done. I will tell
you all later after consultations with the Prime Minister,"
She announced that Jammu Tavi station would be made
"multi-functional". A medical college with Public-Private
Partnership would come up in the city, she promised.
Several non-stop Duranto train services connecting
Jammu Tavi to Delhi, Varanasi and other cities would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead