Rain and snow forecast in Kashmir
Srinagar: The weather department has forecast light rain and snow in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir even as night temperatures improved Saturday because of cloud cover.
"The minimum temperature was 0.8 degrees Celsius in Srinagar today (Saturday) while it was minus 0.8 in Pahalgam, 0.8 in Gulmarg and minus 1.8 in Kargil and minus 5.4 in Leh in Ladakh region," a weather department official told a news agency here.
The minimum temperature was 10.7 degrees Celsius in Jammu Saturday, he said.
Night temperature showed improvement Saturday compared to the minimum temperature across the state in the last few days. The weather office forecast light rain and snow in the higher reaches of the state in the next two days.
The valley has been reeling under cold wave conditions for the last fortnight as the night temperature dropped several notches below freezing point.
"We are expecting light rain and snow in the higher reaches during the next 48 hours in Jammu and Kashmir which will bring some respite from the cold conditions the valley has been experiencing during the last 15 days," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'