Rains lash parts of Kashmir, snowfall in Gulmarg
Srinagar: The skiing resort of Gulmarg in
Kashmir received fresh snowfall overnight even as heavy rains
lashed other parts of the Valley on friday.
"Gulmarg recorded a minimum temperature of minus 2.3
degrees Celsius. The skiing resort received one inch snow
during the night," a MeT official said.
Kargil town in Ladakh division continues to remain the
coldest place in the state at minus 3.0 deg C.
Srinagar received 8.2 mm rainfall, while the tourist
resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir received 18.6 mm rains.
Kupwara town in north Kashmir received 13.2 mm rainfall.
Qazigund, the gateway township in south Kashmir,
received 7.2mm rainfall, the MeT official said.
Kashmir Valley witnesses four months of chilling winter
season beginning November with day temperatures frequently
slipping below the freezing point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read