Rains lash parts of Kashmir, snowfall in Gulmarg
Srinagar: The skiing resort of Gulmarg in
Kashmir received fresh snowfall overnight even as heavy rains
lashed other parts of the Valley on friday.
"Gulmarg recorded a minimum temperature of minus 2.3
degrees Celsius. The skiing resort received one inch snow
during the night," a MeT official said.
Kargil town in Ladakh division continues to remain the
coldest place in the state at minus 3.0 deg C.
Srinagar received 8.2 mm rainfall, while the tourist
resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir received 18.6 mm rains.
Kupwara town in north Kashmir received 13.2 mm rainfall.
Qazigund, the gateway township in south Kashmir,
received 7.2mm rainfall, the MeT official said.
Kashmir Valley witnesses four months of chilling winter
season beginning November with day temperatures frequently
slipping below the freezing point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog