Rains lash parts of Kashmir, snowfall in Gulmarg
Srinagar: The skiing resort of Gulmarg in
Kashmir received fresh snowfall overnight even as heavy rains
lashed other parts of the Valley on friday.
"Gulmarg recorded a minimum temperature of minus 2.3
degrees Celsius. The skiing resort received one inch snow
during the night," a MeT official said.
Kargil town in Ladakh division continues to remain the
coldest place in the state at minus 3.0 deg C.
Srinagar received 8.2 mm rainfall, while the tourist
resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir received 18.6 mm rains.
Kupwara town in north Kashmir received 13.2 mm rainfall.
Qazigund, the gateway township in south Kashmir,
received 7.2mm rainfall, the MeT official said.
Kashmir Valley witnesses four months of chilling winter
season beginning November with day temperatures frequently
slipping below the freezing point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman