Rajoana protests reach J&K, dozens held
Srinagar: Police on Wednesday detained dozens of Sikh community members here, protesting against the scheduled hanging of Balwant Singh Rajoana who is convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.
Protesters gathered at a gurudwara, in the centre of the city, from where they tried to take out a street march to protest against Rajoana`s hanging.
"When there has been no justice to the victims of 1984 riots, nothing has happened, those who committed crimes they are now rulers. And this person (Rajoana) is being hanged, which is not right," one of Sikh leaders said.
Rajoana`s scheduled hanging will take place on March 31 as per the court directive which awarded him death sentence in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?