Rajouri bus attack militants killed in encounter
Jammu: Two militants, believed to be
involved in the attack on a passenger bus four days ago, were
killed on Sunday in a gunbattle with security forces in Jammu and
Kashmir`s Rajouri district.
Acting on a tip-off that some militants were hiding
in Rajdhani forest belt at Thanamandi, troops of Rashtriya
Rifles and police launched a cordon-and-search operation in
In the ensusing gunfight, two ultras were killed and
a police constable was wounded, said SSP (Rajouri) R K Jalla
who supervised the operation.
A militant was still hiding in the area and the
exchange of fire was still on, he said.
The slain militants were suspected to be involved in
the attack on an army convoy at Der-Ki-Gali in Rajouri
district on Wednesday, police sources said.
A bus passing through the area was caught in the
cross-fire and was hit by a volley of bullets in which two
passengers were killed and 16 wounded.
Two jawans were also injured in the exchange of fire.
The Commanding Officer of the Rastriya Rifles had escaped
unhurt in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate