Rajouri group clashes: BJP holds protest against dist admin
Jammu: State BJP members on Tuesday held a protest over recent group clashes in Rajouri and slammed the district administration for allegedly failing to check such incidents.
Led by BJP`s Jammu (West) President, Subash Jandial, the activists burnt effigies while raising slogans against the District Commissioner and Superintendent of Police of Rajouri.
Members of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, BJP`s youth wing, also took part in the protest.
A clash had broken out in Rajouri town on Friday which had left two persons injured.
The BJP leaders alleged that even five days after the incident, the state government had not taken action against the culprits but were framing false charges against innocent youth against whom warrants have been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16