Ram Vilas Paswan, son to visit Jammu
Jammu: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan and his son Chirag Paswan will visit Jammu to boost the morale of party workers and chalk out strategy for the forthcoming Assembly elections in the state.
"Paswan and his son Chirag Paswan--both elected MPs from Bihar-- will soon visit Jammu to boost the morale of the party workers," J&K Pradesh President of LJP Sham Lal Gupta told reporters here.
Gupta said the two would chalk out strategy for the forthcoming assembly elections in the state, which the J&K unit of the party would like to fight in alliance with BJP.
He said the party here would apprise Paswan about the problems being faced by the people in the Jammu, particularly the "discriminations" meted out to the region by "Kashmir-centric" ruling dispensation in the state.
The other problem to be highlighted is denial of citizenship and permanent state resident rights to the 1947 refugees from West Pakistan settled in Jammu, most of whom are scheduled caste, he said.
The state unit of the party would urge upon them to take up these issues in Parliament as well as with the government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened