Ram Vilas Paswan, son to visit Jammu
Jammu: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan and his son Chirag Paswan will visit Jammu to boost the morale of party workers and chalk out strategy for the forthcoming Assembly elections in the state.
"Paswan and his son Chirag Paswan--both elected MPs from Bihar-- will soon visit Jammu to boost the morale of the party workers," J&K Pradesh President of LJP Sham Lal Gupta told reporters here.
Gupta said the two would chalk out strategy for the forthcoming assembly elections in the state, which the J&K unit of the party would like to fight in alliance with BJP.
He said the party here would apprise Paswan about the problems being faced by the people in the Jammu, particularly the "discriminations" meted out to the region by "Kashmir-centric" ruling dispensation in the state.
The other problem to be highlighted is denial of citizenship and permanent state resident rights to the 1947 refugees from West Pakistan settled in Jammu, most of whom are scheduled caste, he said.
The state unit of the party would urge upon them to take up these issues in Parliament as well as with the government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened