Ramban firing: J&K govt announces ex-gratia relief
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government on Friday announced Rs five lakh ex-gratia relief to the next of kin of the four persons killed in the security forces firing in Gool area of Ramban district.
The relief was sanctioned at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here.
The meeting also ordered appointment of one member from each bereaved family in government service on compassionate grounds, an official spokesman said.
"The cabinet extended ex-gratia of Rs five lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the firing incident. It further ordered that government job will be provided to a family member of those killed in the incident," the spokesman said.
The state cabinet also condemned the "excessive use of force" by security forces in Gool area of Ramban that lead to the loss of lives.
"The state cabinet condemned the excessive use of force in Gool area of Ramban district and extended condolences to the bereaved families and sympathies with those injured in the firing incident," the spokesman added.
Four persons were killed and 44 others, including security personnel, injured in stone-pelting and resultant firing when a mob attacked a BSF camp in Ramban district over alleged high-handedness by a BSF team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price