Ramesh visits J&K, eye on employment generation
Srinagar: In order to boost the employment
rate in Jammu and Kashmir, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Sunday visited an entrepreneurial development institute here and
interacted with representatives of industrial organisations.
"The minister interacted with representatives of various
industrial organisations and associations, financial
institutions, non-governmental organisations, some
entrepreneurs, trainers and trainees of Infrastructure Leasing
and Financial Service and Don Bosco," spokesperson of Jammu
and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI)
Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Service (ILFS) and
Don Bosco have been roped in by the Rurual Development
Ministry, for imparting training and ensuring placements
for school dropouts and those who have had college education
and fall below poverty line category.
The minister apprised the members about the Ministry
of Rural Development sponsored Skill Empowerment and
Employment scheme - a placement- linked and market-driven
skill training programme for the state youth.
This scheme will cover one lakh youth from Jammu and
Kashmir in the next five years with a target of 15,000 youth
initially in the first phase.
"In order to provide fillip to the process, many more
partners would be included in the scheme as implementing
agencies," Ramesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan