Rashtriya Rifles Captain killed in Sopore gunfight
Srinagar: A Captain of the counter-insurgency force Rashtriya Rifles was killed and three troopers injured in a gunfight with separatist guerrillas in Jammu and Kashmir`s Sopore town Tuesday morning, police said.
A senior police officer said that the troops of Rashtriya Rifles, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Special Operations Group (SOG) of the local police surrounded a house in Chinkipora locality of Sopore early morning following information about presence of militants inside.
"The gunfight is still on and additional reinforcements have been rushed to the spot to ensure that the holed-up guerrillas do not escape," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says