Reasi Police Station to get ISO certification
Jammu: The Reasi police station in Jammu and
Kashmir is set to be the first one in the state to get ISO
9001-2000 certification next week for functioning according to
international standards, a senior police official said here
"Reasi police station will receive certification in ISO
9001-2000 series next week for its functioning according to
international standards," Senior Superintendent of Police
(SSP), Reasi, Anand Jain said.
"District Police Reasi has completed all the required
formalities necessary for this prestigious certification," he
ISO 9001:2000 specifies requirements for a quality
management system where an organization needs to enhance
customer satisfaction through the effective application of the
system, including processes for continual improvement of the
system and the assurance of conformity to customers.
A team of International Standards Certifications Pvt Ltd
visited the police station on May 24 and conducted an audit of
it`s functioning, he said, adding that they expressed
satisfaction with their functioning, management and work
A police team comprising three senior officers visited
police stations in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, to study the
functioning of the stations which have received ISO
certification earlier, and collected relevant data about the
process certification of ISO series.
Jain said the aim of this tour was to collect relevant
information so that the prestigious ISO certification could be
received by a police station in the state for the for the
Reasi police station prepared a manual as per the
International Standards of Certification, he said.
The parameters in this manual were set keeping in view
the topography of the jurisdiction of the police station,
which more than 100 villages, most of which are very remote
and road connectivity is very poor.
He said these difficulties were incorporated in the
manual while setting the parameters for the functioning of the
Every member of the police station was briefed about
working in such a manner so as to accomplish the assigned
task. The staff at the station worked on improving the
functioning of key areas which were the focus of ISO.
Character verification and passport verifications
processes were streamlined, record building and infrastructure
of the police station was upgraded, disposal of the various
complaints of the police station was made time bound and a
proper follow up was done.
Jain said the concept of the international certification
has reached other police stations in the state and they are
encouraged to function in a people friendly manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!