‘Recruiting Kashmiri Pandits mere tokenism’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Monday alleged that
the state government and the Centre are trying to portray the
hiring of a thousand displaced Kashmiri Pandits as "return of
pluralism to the Valley", and termed the policy "mere
"The policy is turning out to be a sinister deception
and a tragedy in waiting," the body`s Chairman Dr Ajay
Chrungoo told reporters here.
He said hiring of a thousand displaced people is being
showcased as the return of pluralism to the Valley. It seems
both the state government and the Centre are grafting a
symbolic return of Hindus to give a secular colour to a
solution of the Kashmir problem, he said.
More than six months after their recruitment, the
newly appointees have not got their salaries and the excuses
of the administration are flimsy and demeaning, he claimed.
"These hapless employees are huddled together in make
shift rooms, at many places males and females together, with
abject paucity of decent living space and privacy," he
The Centre has pushed poor and unemployed youth back
to the Valley despite its own assessments that the situation
there was not conducive for their return, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'