‘Recruiting Kashmiri Pandits mere tokenism’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Monday alleged that
the state government and the Centre are trying to portray the
hiring of a thousand displaced Kashmiri Pandits as "return of
pluralism to the Valley", and termed the policy "mere
"The policy is turning out to be a sinister deception
and a tragedy in waiting," the body`s Chairman Dr Ajay
Chrungoo told reporters here.
He said hiring of a thousand displaced people is being
showcased as the return of pluralism to the Valley. It seems
both the state government and the Centre are grafting a
symbolic return of Hindus to give a secular colour to a
solution of the Kashmir problem, he said.
More than six months after their recruitment, the
newly appointees have not got their salaries and the excuses
of the administration are flimsy and demeaning, he claimed.
"These hapless employees are huddled together in make
shift rooms, at many places males and females together, with
abject paucity of decent living space and privacy," he
The Centre has pushed poor and unemployed youth back
to the Valley despite its own assessments that the situation
there was not conducive for their return, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence