‘Recruiting Kashmiri Pandits mere tokenism’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Monday alleged that
the state government and the Centre are trying to portray the
hiring of a thousand displaced Kashmiri Pandits as "return of
pluralism to the Valley", and termed the policy "mere
"The policy is turning out to be a sinister deception
and a tragedy in waiting," the body`s Chairman Dr Ajay
Chrungoo told reporters here.
He said hiring of a thousand displaced people is being
showcased as the return of pluralism to the Valley. It seems
both the state government and the Centre are grafting a
symbolic return of Hindus to give a secular colour to a
solution of the Kashmir problem, he said.
More than six months after their recruitment, the
newly appointees have not got their salaries and the excuses
of the administration are flimsy and demeaning, he claimed.
"These hapless employees are huddled together in make
shift rooms, at many places males and females together, with
abject paucity of decent living space and privacy," he
The Centre has pushed poor and unemployed youth back
to the Valley despite its own assessments that the situation
there was not conducive for their return, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Do you remember Anupam Kher's first movie? Hint: It clocks 32 years today!
- FIR against Bajrang Dal activists for organising arms training camp
- Vijay Mallya cheque bounce case adjourned till June 6
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil