Registration of FIR in JKCA scam a drama: Mehbooba
Jammu: Terming as "drama" the registration of
FIR in multi-crore scam in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket
Association, headed by NC chief Farooq Abdullah, PDP on Monday
said no action has been taken by police on the issue as "they
have been asked to go slow".
"Registration of FIR (in multi-crore JKCA scam) is a drama
as till now there has been no action by police," PDP Chief
Mehbooba Mufti told media outside the Assembly.
"Police have been told to go slow...You (police) have to
do nothing...do not take any action," she alleged.
"I want to say with full responsibility that registration
of FIR is a drama...people against whom FIR has been
registered have done everything on the direction of Abdullah,"
the PDP chief alleged.
She said that the JKCA members have demanded removal of
the president and other members of the body as they have no
confidence in them.
Accusing Abdullah of "looting" money meant for the
development of cricket in the state, she alleged "the money
was withdrawn from banks in consultation with Abdullah."
Demanding a probe by CBI in the alleged money laundering
scam in JKCA, she said, "Let there be a full probe, facts will
come out automatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing