Release Rs 5,000 crore for J&K: NMC to Centre
Jammu: In the backdrop of rising prices of
essential commodities, the National Mazdoor Conference on Monday
demanded a special package of Rs 5,000 crore for Jammu and
Kashmir from the Centre and sought Dearness Allowance (DA) for
central and state government employees.
Addressing a rally here, NMC President Subash Shastri
said the salaried class was facing a lot of economic hardship
due to high inflation and price rise and the release of DA
would be a genuine measure to provide some relief of them.
Shastri also demanded a special package of Rs 5,000 for
Jammu and Kashmir for implementation of the Sixth Pay
Commission`s recommendations for state government employees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Sonakshi Sinha looks kickass in new 'Akira' POSTER! See inside
- FDI inflows jump 53% in last two years, says FM Jaitley