Relief for residents as night temp rise in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Residents of Kashmir got much needed relief from the two-month long chilly weather as the night temperature rose by several degrees and weatherman forecasting light rainfall or snow over the next few hours.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, rose by nearly five degrees to settle at 3.1 degrees Celsius last night, an official of the MET Department said.
Qazigund gateway town in south Kashmir also registered an upward movement of the mercury as night temperature settled at 0.8 degrees Celsius, while nearby Pahalgam health resort recorded a low of 0.2 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 2.0 degrees Celsius, while Kupwara town recorded night temperature of minus 0.6 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 9.4 degrees Celsius, the mercury settled at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast light rainfall or snowfall across the Kashmir Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report