Relief for residents as night temp rise in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Residents of Kashmir got much needed relief from the two-month long chilly weather as the night temperature rose by several degrees and weatherman forecasting light rainfall or snow over the next few hours.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, rose by nearly five degrees to settle at 3.1 degrees Celsius last night, an official of the MET Department said.
Qazigund gateway town in south Kashmir also registered an upward movement of the mercury as night temperature settled at 0.8 degrees Celsius, while nearby Pahalgam health resort recorded a low of 0.2 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 2.0 degrees Celsius, while Kupwara town recorded night temperature of minus 0.6 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 9.4 degrees Celsius, the mercury settled at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast light rainfall or snowfall across the Kashmir Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission