Relief for residents as night temp rise in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Residents of Kashmir got much needed relief from the two-month long chilly weather as the night temperature rose by several degrees and weatherman forecasting light rainfall or snow over the next few hours.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, rose by nearly five degrees to settle at 3.1 degrees Celsius last night, an official of the MET Department said.
Qazigund gateway town in south Kashmir also registered an upward movement of the mercury as night temperature settled at 0.8 degrees Celsius, while nearby Pahalgam health resort recorded a low of 0.2 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 2.0 degrees Celsius, while Kupwara town recorded night temperature of minus 0.6 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 9.4 degrees Celsius, the mercury settled at minus 7.6 degrees Celsius in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast light rainfall or snowfall across the Kashmir Valley over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30