Remain vigilant against anti-peace elements: Omar
Srinagar: Seeking people`s cooperation in maintaining peace in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today promised them speedy march towards prosperity.
"Peace is pre-requisite to prosperity, and public support to maintain peace is fundamental necessity," Omar said at a public meeting at Pattan in Baramulla district.
He thanked people for showing wisdom and maturity in helping the state government contain the peace-inimical and disruptive forces and foiling their ill designs of dividing people.
Omar asked people to be vigilant against anti-peace elements and contribute positively in maintaining tranquillity and harmony in the state.
"I do not ask you for vote or anything else at present. I only want you to continue your support to me in maintaining peace and tranquillity in the state as the peace and harmony are important above everything and pre-requisite for development, employment and welfare of the people," he said.
The Chief Minister said certain politicians wearing "black spectacles" refuse to see the sea-change brought about by the present dispensation on peace and development fronts.
"They feel unhappy to witness the success of the coalition government when they compare it to the failures in their tenure," he said, referring to the leadership of opposition PDP.
Without naming PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, the Chief Minister said a political leader who had been Home Minister of the country and the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir was now demanding 40 assembly seats to address Kashmir issue which he all together forgot when he was in power.
"This is yet another manipulation, deception and gimmick on the part of this political leader (Sayeed) who never talked of Kashmir issue when in chair as Chief Minister of the state and Home Minister of the country.
"They (PDP leadership) possess a set mind of willy-nilly obtaining power to relish it, otherwise they will not do anything even if given 80 Assembly seats," he said.
Omar said the leadership of PDP is responsible for imposing AFSPA in the state ? an act the Chief Minister is striving hard to get revoked.
Referring to recent events in Gool, Budgam and Kishtwar, he cautioned people against the designs of the vested interests who want to create conflict between Kashmir and Jammu, Hindu and Muslim and Shia and Sunni to polarise the society.
He said these elements become active when elections draw near so that they create hatred between various sections of the society for vote bank politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read