Remove security camps from all civilian areas: Mehbooba
Srinagar: PDP Chief Mehboooba Mufti on Friday demanded removal of security forces camps from all civilian areas.
"Wherever there is a camp of security forces in the civilian areas, it has to be removed. We also demand revocation of AFSPA, PSA and release of youth from jails," she said addressing party workers during a protest at Lal Chowk here against the killing of five persons in firing incidents outside a CRPF camp in Gagran in Shopian district.
The protesters were stopped by police from moving towards civil secretariat.
A meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had yesterday directed Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad to replace the CRPF personnel at the Gagran Camp with a contingent of the JK Armed Police.
But Mufti said it "would not do" and demanded removal of all security forces camps in civilian areas.
The PDP leader accused the chief minister of "playing politics" over the issue of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA)
Mufti hit out at the Centre and J and K government over the incidents of firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today