Rescind decision on Dogra certificates: Geelani to JK govt
Srinagar: Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani on Monday said the Omar Abdullah government`s decision to
issue Dogra certificates to people in Jammu region was aimed
at dividing the state and demanded its immediate revocation.
"This is a well-planned attempt to impose a particular
community on the people of Kashmir and is intended to fulfill
designs of the communal people who want to divide the state,"
The chairman of the hardline faction of the Hurriyat
Conference, in a statement here, demanded immediate revocation
of the decision.
Last month, the state government gave its nod for
issuance of Dogra certificate to the people of Jammu region.
Geelani said such a step would facilitate settlement
of non-state subjects in the state who could speak the Dogri
The Hurriyat hawk also flayed the state police for
what he said locking a mosque at Janipur in Jammu region.
Such acts could disrupt peace in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof