Responsibility will be fixed for any lapse in Baltal clash: J&K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said responsibility will be fixed for any administrative or security lapses in connection with clashes between ponywallas and community kitchen operators at Baltal Base camp of Amarnath Yatra.
"Wherever lapses will be found whether on the level of administration or security or any other, responsibility will be fixed and action will be taken," Minister for PHE and Irrigation Sham Lal Sharma told reporters here today.
Sharma, who had camped at Baltal to bring back the situation to normal, said, "I condemn such incident. Some people try to sabotage the peace and tranquility and composite culture of this yatra. It is very unfortunate".
"If the situation was not well controlled by timely measures, there would have been grave consequences. There was no human loss, but there was loss of property. The Shrine Board and government will compensate for the losses," he said, adding, "people on two sides exercised restraint."
Asked whether it was security failure, he said, "It is premature for me to say anything. I was there in Baltal. We have restored confidence and the situation has improved."
At least 37 persons, including few security force personnel, were injured in the clashes that broke out yesterday morning at the Baltal Base camp after a dispute between pony owners and those running community kitchens followed by the alleged high-handedness by CRPF personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy