Responsibility will be fixed for any lapse in Baltal clash: J&K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said responsibility will be fixed for any administrative or security lapses in connection with clashes between ponywallas and community kitchen operators at Baltal Base camp of Amarnath Yatra.
"Wherever lapses will be found whether on the level of administration or security or any other, responsibility will be fixed and action will be taken," Minister for PHE and Irrigation Sham Lal Sharma told reporters here today.
Sharma, who had camped at Baltal to bring back the situation to normal, said, "I condemn such incident. Some people try to sabotage the peace and tranquility and composite culture of this yatra. It is very unfortunate".
"If the situation was not well controlled by timely measures, there would have been grave consequences. There was no human loss, but there was loss of property. The Shrine Board and government will compensate for the losses," he said, adding, "people on two sides exercised restraint."
Asked whether it was security failure, he said, "It is premature for me to say anything. I was there in Baltal. We have restored confidence and the situation has improved."
At least 37 persons, including few security force personnel, were injured in the clashes that broke out yesterday morning at the Baltal Base camp after a dispute between pony owners and those running community kitchens followed by the alleged high-handedness by CRPF personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United