Restoration of autonomy `best solution` to Kashmir: NC
Srinagar: The National Conference today
said restoration of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir was the
"best solution" to the Kashmir issue.
"Kashmir issue can be settled through a political
solution. In this regard temporary solutions cannot prove
effective," party general secretary Sheikh Nazir Ahmad said
addressing NC ministers and legislators here.
The NC leader said that restoration of internal
autonomy can lay a solid foundation for resolution of the
"In the opinion of national and international
intellectuals it is tractable and implementable and can help
in resolution of the issue to a great extent," he said.
Ahmad said restoration of autonomy to the state is
NC`s long standing political agenda.
"In our eyes this is the best solution to the Kashmir
issue. We don`t believe in raising new slogans and change our
agenda with the passage of time like other political parties,"
"The role of people of Kashmir in the Indo-Pak
dialogue process is important," he added.
Ahmad said better relations between India and
Pakistan can guarantee peace in the South Asian region.
"Time has come when the walls of hatred should be
demolished. Every leader, party and individual should
contribute for restoration of peace in the region," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach