Restoration of autonomy `best solution` to Kashmir: NC
Srinagar: The National Conference today
said restoration of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir was the
"best solution" to the Kashmir issue.
"Kashmir issue can be settled through a political
solution. In this regard temporary solutions cannot prove
effective," party general secretary Sheikh Nazir Ahmad said
addressing NC ministers and legislators here.
The NC leader said that restoration of internal
autonomy can lay a solid foundation for resolution of the
"In the opinion of national and international
intellectuals it is tractable and implementable and can help
in resolution of the issue to a great extent," he said.
Ahmad said restoration of autonomy to the state is
NC`s long standing political agenda.
"In our eyes this is the best solution to the Kashmir
issue. We don`t believe in raising new slogans and change our
agenda with the passage of time like other political parties,"
"The role of people of Kashmir in the Indo-Pak
dialogue process is important," he added.
Ahmad said better relations between India and
Pakistan can guarantee peace in the South Asian region.
"Time has come when the walls of hatred should be
demolished. Every leader, party and individual should
contribute for restoration of peace in the region," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!
- New Afghan Taliban leader was compromise candidate: Sources