Restore internal autonomy to JK: NC leader
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference has asked the Centre to restore internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir claiming that the erosion in the special status of the state was the primary cause of discontentment among the people.
"Autonomy has remained the heart beat of the people of the state. Today we find that the state has lost all semblance of autonomy. Its erosion is the primary cause for Kashmir discontent", Senior NC leader and Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said at a seminar here yesterday.
The seminar `Erosion of Autonomy and its restoration to the State of Jammu and Kashmir` - was organised by the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir in collaboration with the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation, New Delhi, here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside