Restore internal autonomy to JK: NC leader
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference has asked the Centre to restore internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir claiming that the erosion in the special status of the state was the primary cause of discontentment among the people.
"Autonomy has remained the heart beat of the people of the state. Today we find that the state has lost all semblance of autonomy. Its erosion is the primary cause for Kashmir discontent", Senior NC leader and Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said at a seminar here yesterday.
The seminar `Erosion of Autonomy and its restoration to the State of Jammu and Kashmir` - was organised by the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir in collaboration with the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation, New Delhi, here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why