Restore internal autonomy to JK: NC leader
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference has asked the Centre to restore internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir claiming that the erosion in the special status of the state was the primary cause of discontentment among the people.
"Autonomy has remained the heart beat of the people of the state. Today we find that the state has lost all semblance of autonomy. Its erosion is the primary cause for Kashmir discontent", Senior NC leader and Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said at a seminar here yesterday.
The seminar `Erosion of Autonomy and its restoration to the State of Jammu and Kashmir` - was organised by the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir in collaboration with the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation, New Delhi, here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player