Restore internal autonomy to JK: NC leader
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference has asked the Centre to restore internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir claiming that the erosion in the special status of the state was the primary cause of discontentment among the people.
"Autonomy has remained the heart beat of the people of the state. Today we find that the state has lost all semblance of autonomy. Its erosion is the primary cause for Kashmir discontent", Senior NC leader and Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said at a seminar here yesterday.
The seminar `Erosion of Autonomy and its restoration to the State of Jammu and Kashmir` - was organised by the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir in collaboration with the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation, New Delhi, here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj