Restore internal autonomy to JK: NC leader
Srinagar: The ruling National Conference has asked the Centre to restore internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir claiming that the erosion in the special status of the state was the primary cause of discontentment among the people.
"Autonomy has remained the heart beat of the people of the state. Today we find that the state has lost all semblance of autonomy. Its erosion is the primary cause for Kashmir discontent", Senior NC leader and Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said at a seminar here yesterday.
The seminar `Erosion of Autonomy and its restoration to the State of Jammu and Kashmir` - was organised by the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir in collaboration with the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation, New Delhi, here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar