Restriction on transport, public movement imposed in Srinagar
Srinagar: As the separatists called for large scale protests after Friday prayers, authorities today announced imposition of restriction on the movement of public and transport in the district from midnight till further orders.
"In view of law and order situation and to avoid breach of peace and tranquillity and damage to life and property, the DM Srinagar, in exercise of his powers vested under Section 144 of CrPC has imposed restrictions on the movement of public and transport in entire district from midnight of March 7 till further orders," an official spokesman said here.
He said the Senior Superintendent of Police has been directed to implement the order in letter and spirit.
Majlis Mashawarat (Consultative Committee), an amalgam of separatists spearheading the ongoing agitation, has called for massive protests after Friday prayers tomorrow in support of its demand for return of mortal remains of Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
The Kashmir Valley is on the boil after the hanging of Parliament attack convict Guru, leading to clashes between the protesters and law enforcing agencies that had left four people dead and scores of others injured.
The Public Service Commission, meanwhile, said the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) which has commenced on March 2 will conclude on March 26.
For the conduct of the examination in Kashmir division, examination centre has been set up at government Amar Singh College, Srinagar where as many as 479 candidates shall appear in the CCE.
Quoting a communique of the divisional administration, an official spokesman said admit cards having photographs of the candidates issued by the competent authority will be treated as curfew passes so that the candidates do not face any inconvenience.
According to the District Magistrate, Srinagar, the valid identity cards of the employees of Health and Electric Departments will be treated as curfew passes allowing them to move during the curfew period enabling them to perform their duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical