Restriction on transport, public movement imposed in Srinagar
Srinagar: As the separatists called for large scale protests after Friday prayers, authorities today announced imposition of restriction on the movement of public and transport in the district from midnight till further orders.
"In view of law and order situation and to avoid breach of peace and tranquillity and damage to life and property, the DM Srinagar, in exercise of his powers vested under Section 144 of CrPC has imposed restrictions on the movement of public and transport in entire district from midnight of March 7 till further orders," an official spokesman said here.
He said the Senior Superintendent of Police has been directed to implement the order in letter and spirit.
Majlis Mashawarat (Consultative Committee), an amalgam of separatists spearheading the ongoing agitation, has called for massive protests after Friday prayers tomorrow in support of its demand for return of mortal remains of Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
The Kashmir Valley is on the boil after the hanging of Parliament attack convict Guru, leading to clashes between the protesters and law enforcing agencies that had left four people dead and scores of others injured.
The Public Service Commission, meanwhile, said the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) which has commenced on March 2 will conclude on March 26.
For the conduct of the examination in Kashmir division, examination centre has been set up at government Amar Singh College, Srinagar where as many as 479 candidates shall appear in the CCE.
Quoting a communique of the divisional administration, an official spokesman said admit cards having photographs of the candidates issued by the competent authority will be treated as curfew passes so that the candidates do not face any inconvenience.
According to the District Magistrate, Srinagar, the valid identity cards of the employees of Health and Electric Departments will be treated as curfew passes allowing them to move during the curfew period enabling them to perform their duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks