Restrictions continue on processions in J&K
Jammu: District administration has imposed restrictions on processions taken out by any individual or groups in the winter capital city of Jammu and Kashmir.
District Magistrate, Jammu, Sanjeev Verma, exercising powers vested upon him under section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code, has ordered that no processions shall be taken out by any individual or groups of individuals and no provocative slogans shall be raised by anyone in some areas of the city, officials said today.
The order was given to prevent anti-government rallies and protestors from marching towards Civil Secretariat, in view of many such rallies taking place in last few weeks, they said.
The order would not apply to marriage and funeral processions, they said, adding, it would be in force for period of two months.
The areas under restriction are Bajaj Tower Shalamar to Library Chowk, Kachi Chawani, on Flyover from Police Control Room to District Institute of Education and Training behind New Secretariat, Jammu, on flyover from Subash Chowk (Mahesh Pura Chowk) to District Institute of Education and Training, Rotary behind New Secretariat to New Secretariat and Shaheedi Chowk to Deputy Commissioner`s Office, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!