Restrictions imposed in Jammu on processions, rallies
Jammu: With protests and demonstrations
triggering choas and traffic jams in winter capital Jammu, the
district authorities have imposed Section 144 in certain areas
of the city with immediate effect.
Jammu District Magistrate M K Dwivedi, exercising
powers vested upon him under section 144 CrPC, has ordered
that no procession/rally shall be taken out by any individual
or groups and no provocative slogans shall be raised in the
area of Vikram Chowk to Press Club and the surrounding
However, this order shall not apply to marriage and
The order come into force on Friday for a period of
two months or till rescinded, whichever is earlier.
It may be recalled that the area witnesses two to
three anti-government demonstrations, rallies and dharnas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon