Restrictions imposed in Jammu on processions, rallies
Jammu: With protests and demonstrations
triggering choas and traffic jams in winter capital Jammu, the
district authorities have imposed Section 144 in certain areas
of the city with immediate effect.
Jammu District Magistrate M K Dwivedi, exercising
powers vested upon him under section 144 CrPC, has ordered
that no procession/rally shall be taken out by any individual
or groups and no provocative slogans shall be raised in the
area of Vikram Chowk to Press Club and the surrounding
However, this order shall not apply to marriage and
The order come into force on Friday for a period of
two months or till rescinded, whichever is earlier.
It may be recalled that the area witnesses two to
three anti-government demonstrations, rallies and dharnas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune