Restrictions imposed in Jammu on processions, rallies
Jammu: With protests and demonstrations
triggering choas and traffic jams in winter capital Jammu, the
district authorities have imposed Section 144 in certain areas
of the city with immediate effect.
Jammu District Magistrate M K Dwivedi, exercising
powers vested upon him under section 144 CrPC, has ordered
that no procession/rally shall be taken out by any individual
or groups and no provocative slogans shall be raised in the
area of Vikram Chowk to Press Club and the surrounding
However, this order shall not apply to marriage and
The order come into force on Friday for a period of
two months or till rescinded, whichever is earlier.
It may be recalled that the area witnesses two to
three anti-government demonstrations, rallies and dharnas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up