Restrictions imposed in Srinagar city
Srinagar: Restrictions were on Saturday imposed by the authorities on the movement of people in most parts of Srinagar city as a precautionary measure following the death of a youth in CRPF firing in Zoonimar area of the city.
Restrictions have been put in place in six police station areas of old Srinagar city and Maisuma to maintain law and order, a police spokesman said.
"Restrictions have been placed in the police station areas of Nowhatta, Khanyar, Rainawari, Safakadal, Maharaj Gunj, Maisuma and Kralkhud," he said.
Police and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in large numbers across the city to ensure that there are no attempts to violate the prohibitory orders, he said.
Curfew was imposed on Thursday after a 22-year-old youth was killed when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire after coming under attack by a group of stone pelters in the Zoonimar area.
The vehicle of CRPF personnel was on its way to SKIMS hospital, where the victims of Bemina terror attack were admitted, when it came under attack.
The CRPF personnel were heading for SKIMS hospital to donate blood for their colleagues injured in the terror attack.
Two militants and five CRPF jawans were killed and 11 others seven CRPF personnel and four civilians were injured in the suicide attack on their camp on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional