Restrictions imposed in Srinagar city
Srinagar: Restrictions were on Saturday imposed by the authorities on the movement of people in most parts of Srinagar city as a precautionary measure following the death of a youth in CRPF firing in Zoonimar area of the city.
Restrictions have been put in place in six police station areas of old Srinagar city and Maisuma to maintain law and order, a police spokesman said.
"Restrictions have been placed in the police station areas of Nowhatta, Khanyar, Rainawari, Safakadal, Maharaj Gunj, Maisuma and Kralkhud," he said.
Police and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in large numbers across the city to ensure that there are no attempts to violate the prohibitory orders, he said.
Curfew was imposed on Thursday after a 22-year-old youth was killed when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire after coming under attack by a group of stone pelters in the Zoonimar area.
The vehicle of CRPF personnel was on its way to SKIMS hospital, where the victims of Bemina terror attack were admitted, when it came under attack.
The CRPF personnel were heading for SKIMS hospital to donate blood for their colleagues injured in the terror attack.
Two militants and five CRPF jawans were killed and 11 others seven CRPF personnel and four civilians were injured in the suicide attack on their camp on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore