Retd Colonel commits suicide in J&K
Jammu: Perturbed over business loss, a retired Colonel from Bhopal allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison here, a police spokesman said here Thursday.
Retired Col J K Sharma of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh committed suicide by having ice-cream laced with some poisonous substance at his hotel room at Adhkuwari enroute to
Vaishnodevi shrine yesterday, he said.
The ice-cream has been sent for laboratory testing, he said, adding some tablets were also found from the room. A suicide note and a diary was also recovered from the
spot, he said.
In a separate incident, police recovered a body of 52-year-old Naar Singh of Basi Kala village from a nearby canal in Bari Brahama area in Jammu district.
The body was later handed over to the family members after conducting post-mortem.
Another body was found yesterday from Nagali forest in Udhampur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery