‘Return of Kashmiri pandits key to resolution’
Jammu: The Kashmir issue could be
resolved only when displaced Kashmir Pandits return to the
Valley, eminent lawyer and MP Ram Jethmalani said here.
Jethmalani, who was leading a four-member team of
Kashmir Committee, was speaking during its visit to the newly
constructed Kashmiri migrant township at Jagti, 20 kms from
The displaced Kashmir Pandits told the team that state
and central governments should construct a big township in
Kashmir Valley like the one at Jagti for rehabilitation and
settlement of displaced community members.
Pandits also raised the issue of protection of various
Hindu shrines in the Valley.
During the over two-hour-long interaction, Jethmalani
said, "Kashmir problem would be resolved only when Kashmiri
Pandits return to the Valley. This is what I told Hurriyat and
they have accepted it".
He maintained that dialogue between India and Pakistan
can only resolve the Kashmir issue.
He said that Pakistan now understands that it cannot
continue with the same policy as it is engaged in conflict
from within due to terrorism there.
"We do not come with any pre-conceived ideas or
ready made formula. We are coming to hear diverse voices and
understand the fast changing ground reality in different
regions of J&K," the Committee said, adding it will also visit
Kargil and Leh in the coming weeks.
The team also met BJP and JKPCC leaders in Jammu and
is expected to meet representatives of other political parties
and civil society during their visit. The other members of the
team were VK Grover, Wahid Ur Rehman Para and Madhu Keshwar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate