‘Return of Kashmiri pandits key to resolution’
Jammu: The Kashmir issue could be
resolved only when displaced Kashmir Pandits return to the
Valley, eminent lawyer and MP Ram Jethmalani said here.
Jethmalani, who was leading a four-member team of
Kashmir Committee, was speaking during its visit to the newly
constructed Kashmiri migrant township at Jagti, 20 kms from
The displaced Kashmir Pandits told the team that state
and central governments should construct a big township in
Kashmir Valley like the one at Jagti for rehabilitation and
settlement of displaced community members.
Pandits also raised the issue of protection of various
Hindu shrines in the Valley.
During the over two-hour-long interaction, Jethmalani
said, "Kashmir problem would be resolved only when Kashmiri
Pandits return to the Valley. This is what I told Hurriyat and
they have accepted it".
He maintained that dialogue between India and Pakistan
can only resolve the Kashmir issue.
He said that Pakistan now understands that it cannot
continue with the same policy as it is engaged in conflict
from within due to terrorism there.
"We do not come with any pre-conceived ideas or
ready made formula. We are coming to hear diverse voices and
understand the fast changing ground reality in different
regions of J&K," the Committee said, adding it will also visit
Kargil and Leh in the coming weeks.
The team also met BJP and JKPCC leaders in Jammu and
is expected to meet representatives of other political parties
and civil society during their visit. The other members of the
team were VK Grover, Wahid Ur Rehman Para and Madhu Keshwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read