Revenue officer arrested for accepting bribe
Srinagar: A revenue official was arrested by
the Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000.
Mohammad Rafiq Wani lodged a complaint against Patwari
Abdul Ahad Bhat alleging that the official demanded Rs 3,000
from him for issuance of a revenue document.
On the basis of the complaint, a case was registered and
investigation taken up, an official spokesman said.
Yesterday, the SVO arrested the revenue officer while
accepting the bribe, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony