Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in Rajouri
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance
Organisation (SVO) arrested a revenue official while he was
allegedly accepting bribe from a villager in Rajouri district
of the state, officials said on Saturday.
On a complaint by Muktiar Ahmed that Patwari Mohammad
Shabir was demanding Rs 10,000 as bribe for preparing some
land papers at village Ladot in the border district, SVO
laid a trap and called Patwari at a place, so that he demanded
the kick back, they said.
He was caught while accepting money from the villager and
later arrested, they said, adding a case was registered
against the revenue official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about