Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in Rajouri
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance
Organisation (SVO) arrested a revenue official while he was
allegedly accepting bribe from a villager in Rajouri district
of the state, officials said on Saturday.
On a complaint by Muktiar Ahmed that Patwari Mohammad
Shabir was demanding Rs 10,000 as bribe for preparing some
land papers at village Ladot in the border district, SVO
laid a trap and called Patwari at a place, so that he demanded
the kick back, they said.
He was caught while accepting money from the villager and
later arrested, they said, adding a case was registered
against the revenue official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal