Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in Rajouri
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance
Organisation (SVO) arrested a revenue official while he was
allegedly accepting bribe from a villager in Rajouri district
of the state, officials said on Saturday.
On a complaint by Muktiar Ahmed that Patwari Mohammad
Shabir was demanding Rs 10,000 as bribe for preparing some
land papers at village Ladot in the border district, SVO
laid a trap and called Patwari at a place, so that he demanded
the kick back, they said.
He was caught while accepting money from the villager and
later arrested, they said, adding a case was registered
against the revenue official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble