Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in Rajouri
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance
Organisation (SVO) arrested a revenue official while he was
allegedly accepting bribe from a villager in Rajouri district
of the state, officials said on Saturday.
On a complaint by Muktiar Ahmed that Patwari Mohammad
Shabir was demanding Rs 10,000 as bribe for preparing some
land papers at village Ladot in the border district, SVO
laid a trap and called Patwari at a place, so that he demanded
the kick back, they said.
He was caught while accepting money from the villager and
later arrested, they said, adding a case was registered
against the revenue official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit