Rivals panicked due to BJP`s rising popularity: Sharma
Jammu: The BJP on Saturday claimed there is a "wave" sweeping the entire country in its favour, and the party`s rising popularity has led to panic among the rivals ahead of next year`s general elections.
"There is a wave in favour of BJP in every nook and corner of the country and Jammu and Kashmir is not untouched. This has sent shivers down the spines of NC, Congress and PDP leaders," BJP state president Jugal Kishore Sharma said here.
Alleging that the Congress-led UPA has "crossed all limits" of corruption, Sharma claimed the opposition now is feeling afraid of facing the masses ahead of elections.
Sharma said in 2008, people had given mandate to the Congress with high hope, but it failed to deliver.
He further accused the NC-Congress coalition of adopting soft approach towards anti-national elements and separatists.
Reiterating party`s demand for Prime Minister`s resignation, Sharma said the BJP will launch country-wide `jail bharo` agitation from June 17 to put pressure on the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH