Road mishap kills 12 in Pakistan-administered Kashmir
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 14 others injured today in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir when a bus fell into a ravine, a police official said.
The bus was on its way from Sudhan Gali to Rawalpindi when it met with the accident in Arja area of Bagh district.
"Twelve persons were killed and fourteen others were injured," said Anwar Ali, a police official in Bagh.
The injured were taken to the combined military hospital in Muzaffarabad, capital of PoK by the police and the rescue teams who arrived at the scene.
Ali said that the accident was apparently caused by over-speeding. Road accidents are common in Pakistan where many deadly mishaps have occurred in the past due to careless driving, bad roads and faulty vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to undergo open heart surgery; PM Modi wishes speedy recovery
- North Korean leader's aunt runs dry-cleaning store in New York
- North Korea warns South Korea of retaliatory strikes