Rs 100 cr for improvement of J&K schools, colleges
New Delhi: As part of its Kashmir
initiative, the Centre has sanctioned Rs 100 crore to Jammu
and Kashmir for immediate improvement of infrastructure in
The grant under Special Plan Assistance (SPA) is meant
for schools and colleges for improvement and additions to
their existing infrastructure, including class rooms,
auditorium, library, playgrounds and toilet complex.
This is part of the eight-point Jammu and Kashmir
initiative decided at the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on
Security on September 25.
"The concerned authorities have been instructed to
release funds immediately to the state government who are
expected to release the same to the implementing agencies
without any delay," a Home Ministry spokesperson said.
The Centre has also advised the Jammu and Kashmir
government to constitute a committee to identify the families
to whom ex-gratia relief is to be given for the deaths in
civil disturbances since June 11.
The Centre in its package had announced grant of
ex-gratia relief of Rs 5 lakh to the families of each of
the deceased. It will be reimbursed by the Home Ministry, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack