Rs 100 cr for improvement of J&K schools, colleges
New Delhi: As part of its Kashmir
initiative, the Centre has sanctioned Rs 100 crore to Jammu
and Kashmir for immediate improvement of infrastructure in
The grant under Special Plan Assistance (SPA) is meant
for schools and colleges for improvement and additions to
their existing infrastructure, including class rooms,
auditorium, library, playgrounds and toilet complex.
This is part of the eight-point Jammu and Kashmir
initiative decided at the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on
Security on September 25.
"The concerned authorities have been instructed to
release funds immediately to the state government who are
expected to release the same to the implementing agencies
without any delay," a Home Ministry spokesperson said.
The Centre has also advised the Jammu and Kashmir
government to constitute a committee to identify the families
to whom ex-gratia relief is to be given for the deaths in
civil disturbances since June 11.
The Centre in its package had announced grant of
ex-gratia relief of Rs 5 lakh to the families of each of
the deceased. It will be reimbursed by the Home Ministry, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof