Rs 12 cr spent on maintenance of Omar`s chopper
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir has spent Rs 12
crore on the maintenance and operation of Omar Abdullah`s
aircraft since he became the Chief Minister in January 2009.
The details of the expenditure incurred on the usage of
state chopper service from 2009 up to June 2011 were provided
by the state Civil Aviation Department in response to an RTI
application filed by a man, living Below Poverty Line (BPL) in
central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
In 2009-2010, the total expenditure on the helicopter
sorties accumulated to Rs 4.63 crore, which included Rs 93.75
lakh spent on the fuel.
Interestingly, the state helicopter on August 14, 2009,
made seven sorties between Srinagar and Gulmarg, with the
Chief Minister and his guests on board.
The extravagance continued two days later when the state
helicopter made four sorties between Pahalgam and Srinagar to
fly Omar and his entourage to south Kashmir resort.
In 2010-2011, the amount spent on the state-owned
helicopter rose to nearly Rs 6 crore, which included more than
Rs 96 lakh spent on the fuel.
On June 15 2010, with Omar as one of the passengers, the
state helicopter made nine sorties between Leh, Lukum and
On August 2, 2010, the helicopter made 13 sorties
between Srinagar, Jammu, Budgam and Baramulla.
During 2011-12, upto June, the total expenditure amounts
to more than Rs 78 lakh which included more than Rs 19 lakh
spent on the fuel.
Most of the travels of the Chief Minister by helicopter
have been between Srinagar and Gulmarg and other tourist
The state Civil Aviation department has two helicopters
and one fixed-wing plane in its inventory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'