Rs 45 Cr project to deal with landslides at Vaishnodevi hills
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Wednesday launched a project of Rs 45 crore to save Trikuta hills, housing cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi, from landslides and fall of stones from hill tops.
As a long term measure to ensure against falling stones and land-slides for the safety of pilgrims, Vohra launched the work for implementation of the first phase of the project, a spokesman of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board said.
The project is launched for the protection, treatment and stabilisation of 5 of the most vulnerable sites between Katra and Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, he said.
The first phase of the project is estimated to cost nearly Rs 12 crore and will be completed within a time frame of 21 months.
The Governor, who is Chairman of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, launched the work on this crucial Project, close to the Battery Car Stand near Shrine on the Lower Track.
The 5 sites to be treated in the first phase are located one each close to Inderprastha View Point near Adhkuwari (chainage 5.2 to 5.3 km), in the Shrine area to stabilise over-hanging rock structures and 3 other sites located on the Lower Track between Adhkwari and the Shrine at chainage 0.9 to 1.0 km, near Panchhi Staff Colony (chainage 3.8 to 4.2 km) and before the Battery Car Stand (chainage 5.07 to 5.3 km), SMVDB Chief Executive Officer Mandeep K Bhandari said.
The complete project would be implemented in a phased manner at an estimated cost of about Rs 45 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi