Rs 45 Cr project to deal with landslides at Vaishnodevi hills
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Wednesday launched a project of Rs 45 crore to save Trikuta hills, housing cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi, from landslides and fall of stones from hill tops.
As a long term measure to ensure against falling stones and land-slides for the safety of pilgrims, Vohra launched the work for implementation of the first phase of the project, a spokesman of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board said.
The project is launched for the protection, treatment and stabilisation of 5 of the most vulnerable sites between Katra and Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, he said.
The first phase of the project is estimated to cost nearly Rs 12 crore and will be completed within a time frame of 21 months.
The Governor, who is Chairman of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, launched the work on this crucial Project, close to the Battery Car Stand near Shrine on the Lower Track.
The 5 sites to be treated in the first phase are located one each close to Inderprastha View Point near Adhkuwari (chainage 5.2 to 5.3 km), in the Shrine area to stabilise over-hanging rock structures and 3 other sites located on the Lower Track between Adhkwari and the Shrine at chainage 0.9 to 1.0 km, near Panchhi Staff Colony (chainage 3.8 to 4.2 km) and before the Battery Car Stand (chainage 5.07 to 5.3 km), SMVDB Chief Executive Officer Mandeep K Bhandari said.
The complete project would be implemented in a phased manner at an estimated cost of about Rs 45 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh