Rs 45 crore disbursed as scholarships in J&K
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has distributed over Rs 45 crore as scholarships among 1.75 lakh students during the current financial year.
A sum of Rs 29.30 crore has been disbursed among 1,73,178 students under pre-matric scholarship scheme, while Rs 10.53 crore was given as post-matric scholarship to national minority class, an official spokesman said after a meeting of social welfare department here.
Merit-cum-means scholarship of Rs 4 crore was provided to 1414 students while Rs 1.14 crore were disbursed as pre and post matric scholarships to 1471 students from Other Backward Classes, besides Rs 29.38 lakh as scholarship to 241 physically-challenged persons under OBC category.
An amount of Rs 60 crore was spent on supplementary nutrition to children under six-years of age, adolescents and nursing and lactating mothers in 15071 anganwari centres set up in Kashmir region, the spokesman said.
The meeting was informed that under Integrated Social Security Scheme, a sum of Rs 67.88 crore had been disbursed among 215163 widows, Physically Challenged Persons (PCP) and old aged of Kashmir division.
Similarly, Rs 31 crore was distributed as relief under the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) among 66103 beneficiaries, the spokesman said, adding that Rs 1.13 crore was provided to 2424 persons under IG National Widow Pension Scheme and Rs 83.73 lakh among 2095 disabled persons under the same scheme.
The meeting was chaired by Director (Social Welfare) Bashir Ahmad Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez