Rs 45 crore disbursed as scholarships in J&K
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has distributed over Rs 45 crore as scholarships among 1.75 lakh students during the current financial year.
A sum of Rs 29.30 crore has been disbursed among 1,73,178 students under pre-matric scholarship scheme, while Rs 10.53 crore was given as post-matric scholarship to national minority class, an official spokesman said after a meeting of social welfare department here.
Merit-cum-means scholarship of Rs 4 crore was provided to 1414 students while Rs 1.14 crore were disbursed as pre and post matric scholarships to 1471 students from Other Backward Classes, besides Rs 29.38 lakh as scholarship to 241 physically-challenged persons under OBC category.
An amount of Rs 60 crore was spent on supplementary nutrition to children under six-years of age, adolescents and nursing and lactating mothers in 15071 anganwari centres set up in Kashmir region, the spokesman said.
The meeting was informed that under Integrated Social Security Scheme, a sum of Rs 67.88 crore had been disbursed among 215163 widows, Physically Challenged Persons (PCP) and old aged of Kashmir division.
Similarly, Rs 31 crore was distributed as relief under the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) among 66103 beneficiaries, the spokesman said, adding that Rs 1.13 crore was provided to 2424 persons under IG National Widow Pension Scheme and Rs 83.73 lakh among 2095 disabled persons under the same scheme.
The meeting was chaired by Director (Social Welfare) Bashir Ahmad Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow