Rs Five crore plan to preserve Samba Fort: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said a detailed project report has been prepared for preservation of historic Samba Fort in the state which will cost nearly Rs five crore.
A detailed project report has been prepared to develop Samba Fort as a prominent place of tourist attraction, said Housing, Horticulture and Culture minister Raman Bhalla.
The project for preservation of the fort, constructed by Maharaja Suchet Singh in 1822, is estimated to cost Rs 4.95 crore, he said.
The minister was interacting with the people after inspecting the renovation work of the heritage fort in Samba district.
Bhalla said the project envisages restoration of the rampart, view-points, water tank and royal residence besides upgradation of the pathways, landscaping and installation of spotlights in and outside the fort.
He said the government has earmarked corpus fund of Rs 50 crore for meeting the expenditure on conservation and preservation of rich heritage assets of the state.
Bhalla said measures are afoot to bring all heritage sites on tourism map of Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the government has declared 39 monuments as state protected heritage sites.
Bhalla said the work on ambitious cable car project connecting twin heritage sites of Royal Complex Mubarak Mandi and Bahu Fort will start soon.
Referring to measures taken for promoting tourism in other parts of the region, the Minister said the government is looking forward to introduce water sports at Akhnoor, Baglihar and Pul Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!