Rs Five crore plan to preserve Samba Fort: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said a detailed project report has been prepared for preservation of historic Samba Fort in the state which will cost nearly Rs five crore.
A detailed project report has been prepared to develop Samba Fort as a prominent place of tourist attraction, said Housing, Horticulture and Culture minister Raman Bhalla.
The project for preservation of the fort, constructed by Maharaja Suchet Singh in 1822, is estimated to cost Rs 4.95 crore, he said.
The minister was interacting with the people after inspecting the renovation work of the heritage fort in Samba district.
Bhalla said the project envisages restoration of the rampart, view-points, water tank and royal residence besides upgradation of the pathways, landscaping and installation of spotlights in and outside the fort.
He said the government has earmarked corpus fund of Rs 50 crore for meeting the expenditure on conservation and preservation of rich heritage assets of the state.
Bhalla said measures are afoot to bring all heritage sites on tourism map of Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the government has declared 39 monuments as state protected heritage sites.
Bhalla said the work on ambitious cable car project connecting twin heritage sites of Royal Complex Mubarak Mandi and Bahu Fort will start soon.
Referring to measures taken for promoting tourism in other parts of the region, the Minister said the government is looking forward to introduce water sports at Akhnoor, Baglihar and Pul Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened