Rs Five crore plan to preserve Samba Fort: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said a detailed project report has been prepared for preservation of historic Samba Fort in the state which will cost nearly Rs five crore.
A detailed project report has been prepared to develop Samba Fort as a prominent place of tourist attraction, said Housing, Horticulture and Culture minister Raman Bhalla.
The project for preservation of the fort, constructed by Maharaja Suchet Singh in 1822, is estimated to cost Rs 4.95 crore, he said.
The minister was interacting with the people after inspecting the renovation work of the heritage fort in Samba district.
Bhalla said the project envisages restoration of the rampart, view-points, water tank and royal residence besides upgradation of the pathways, landscaping and installation of spotlights in and outside the fort.
He said the government has earmarked corpus fund of Rs 50 crore for meeting the expenditure on conservation and preservation of rich heritage assets of the state.
Bhalla said measures are afoot to bring all heritage sites on tourism map of Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the government has declared 39 monuments as state protected heritage sites.
Bhalla said the work on ambitious cable car project connecting twin heritage sites of Royal Complex Mubarak Mandi and Bahu Fort will start soon.
Referring to measures taken for promoting tourism in other parts of the region, the Minister said the government is looking forward to introduce water sports at Akhnoor, Baglihar and Pul Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday