RSS objects to use of adjectives with Guru
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir wing of RSS Thursday expressed concern over the description of the hanged Parliament attack convict, as Afzal Guru "saheb" in the state Assembly.
"Use of respectful words for a terrorist like Afzal Guru is dangerous for the integrity and security of the country. Elected representatives of the state who swear by the Constitution of India, should be cautious about it," RSS state president, Brig (retd) Suchet Singh told reporters here.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, state Law Minister Mir Saifullah and NC member Nasir Aslam Wani had referred to the convict as "saheb" during discussions in the Assembly.
NC`s coalition partner, the Congress, had also objected to the use of prefix to Guru inside the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event