RSS objects to use of adjectives with Guru
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir wing of RSS Thursday expressed concern over the description of the hanged Parliament attack convict, as Afzal Guru "saheb" in the state Assembly.
"Use of respectful words for a terrorist like Afzal Guru is dangerous for the integrity and security of the country. Elected representatives of the state who swear by the Constitution of India, should be cautious about it," RSS state president, Brig (retd) Suchet Singh told reporters here.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, state Law Minister Mir Saifullah and NC member Nasir Aslam Wani had referred to the convict as "saheb" during discussions in the Assembly.
NC`s coalition partner, the Congress, had also objected to the use of prefix to Guru inside the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder