Ruckus in J&K Assembly over Delimitation Commissio
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Tuesday
witnessed noisy scenes with members of various political
parties demanding the government to table the Delimitation
Commission`s recommendations on creation of new administrative
units in the state.
Cutting across party lines, members of the House sought to
know the recommendations made by the Commission even as the
government assured them that the report was under examination
and appropriate action would be taken.
Earlier, replying to a question, Minister for Revenue,
Relief and Rehabilitation Raman Bhalla informed the House
that the government had received recommendations of the
Delimitation Commission and the report was under examination.
He said that after completing the codal formalities the
report would be submitted to the Cabinet for approval.
However, the minister`s reply failed to placate members of
the House, who sought to know details of the report before its
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone later intervened and directed
Bhalla to make a statement in the House on the issue next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday