Ruckus in J&K Assembly over Delimitation Commissio
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Tuesday
witnessed noisy scenes with members of various political
parties demanding the government to table the Delimitation
Commission`s recommendations on creation of new administrative
units in the state.
Cutting across party lines, members of the House sought to
know the recommendations made by the Commission even as the
government assured them that the report was under examination
and appropriate action would be taken.
Earlier, replying to a question, Minister for Revenue,
Relief and Rehabilitation Raman Bhalla informed the House
that the government had received recommendations of the
Delimitation Commission and the report was under examination.
He said that after completing the codal formalities the
report would be submitted to the Cabinet for approval.
However, the minister`s reply failed to placate members of
the House, who sought to know details of the report before its
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone later intervened and directed
Bhalla to make a statement in the House on the issue next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security