Rukhsana fears for family’s safety, refuses SPO’s job
Jammu: Rukhsana Kausar, the brave girl who killed a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist at her home in J&K’s Rajouri district, on Tuesday declined the job of Special Police Officer (SPO) in J&K police.
Rukhsana, along with her brother and uncle, was offered the job of SPO more than a month after she killed a top Pakistani militant of the LeT and injured another on September 27.
However, speaking to Zee News in Delhi today, Rukhsana said she had declined the job offer of the J&K government as she didn’t consider it a fit reward for her act of bravery. She added that she would only accept a job in the Central government.
She also reiterated that there was a grave threat to her family’s life.
Rukhsana was in Delhi to attend an award function organised by All India Anti-Terrorist Front headed by MS Bitta.
The brave girl said she wishes to live in Jammu and not in Delhi. There was speculation that Rukhsana and her family would be shifted to Delhi for security reasons, following a retaliatory grenade attack by militants on her house in Kalsian village in upper reaches of Shahdra Sharief on October 30. At the time of the second attack, Rukhsana and her family were living at another place in the town under the protection of the police.
After the attack, security has been further beefed up in her house and the place where she is currently staying in Rajouri.
Rukhsana, along with her 18-year-old brother Aijaz, had overpowered terrorists who had barged into their house, snatched an AK-47 from one of them and fired at him, killing him on the spot. Her parents Noor Hussain and Rashida were injured in the incident.
The bravery of Rukhsana, who had never picked up a gun before the September 27 incident, had came in for praise from President Pratibha Patil and Home Minister P Chidambaram during their visits to Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray