Sagar for proper and systematic use of land resources in J&K
Jammu: Proper use of land and its resources
in a scientific and systematic manner is imperative for making
Jammu and Kashmir self-sufficient in agriculture produce,
Minister for Rural Development, Law and Parliamentary Ali
Mohammad Sagar on Monday said.
The Minister was speaking at a meeting of the committee
to discuss the modalities in the proposed Land Use Bill, which
has been constituted under his Chairmanship with the Minister
for Agriculture G H Mir and Minister for Revenue Raman Bhalla
as its members.
Sagar said the proposed Act would be comprehensive in
nature and would cater to the needs and demands of different
sections of the people.
He said "we have already ensured public participation by
inviting suggestions from various quarters of the society in
order to ensure its acceptability as well as viability.
The Minister for Agriculture said it has to be ensured
that conversion of agriculture land into other allied
activities is checked and hence the Bill has been formulated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city