Sagar for proper and systematic use of land resources in J&K
Jammu: Proper use of land and its resources
in a scientific and systematic manner is imperative for making
Jammu and Kashmir self-sufficient in agriculture produce,
Minister for Rural Development, Law and Parliamentary Ali
Mohammad Sagar on Monday said.
The Minister was speaking at a meeting of the committee
to discuss the modalities in the proposed Land Use Bill, which
has been constituted under his Chairmanship with the Minister
for Agriculture G H Mir and Minister for Revenue Raman Bhalla
as its members.
Sagar said the proposed Act would be comprehensive in
nature and would cater to the needs and demands of different
sections of the people.
He said "we have already ensured public participation by
inviting suggestions from various quarters of the society in
order to ensure its acceptability as well as viability.
The Minister for Agriculture said it has to be ensured
that conversion of agriculture land into other allied
activities is checked and hence the Bill has been formulated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read