Sarpanch murder case: Three held in J&K
Jammu: Three persons were Thursday arrested
in connection with the murder of a newly-elected Sarpanch in the Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here.
"We have worked out the murder case of Jaswant Singh
in Chak Salaria village of Samba district by arresting the
main accused, identified as Rajesh Kumar Choudhary alias Bindu
of Gurdaspur (Punjab), Surinder Lal alias Shindi and Deepak
Gupta alias Deepu," they said.
On Tuesday, an altercation broke out involving Jasvant
Singh, his son Jankar Singh and the assailants at a tea stall
over alcohol drinking at the site, they said.
Sensing threat to their lives, Jasvant and Jankar fled from the scene and went back to their native village Chak Salaria, they said, adding that the assailants, however, intercepted them and injured the duo with sharp edged weapons.
Though both of them were rushed to the hospital,
the sarpanch succumbed to his injuries on his way there and
Jankar was being admitted in a serious condition, police said.
The case was registered and solved within shortest
time with the arrest of the accused trio, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blast at Trinamool victory rally in West Bengal, nine injured
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner